5 May, 1998.
- Binlog descriptions formalized.
There are two classes of binlog - observable and data series.
- Bit 31 of PROBLEM defined to indicate validity of keyword.
PROB_VLD bit 31 now set to 0 whenever DATA_SW is set to indicate
that PROBLEM bits may need reevaluation.
27 March, 1998.
- The definition of QUALITY has changed several times.
It now is a combination of the valid bits of DATA_SW and PROBLEM.
- The DATA_SW keyword has been revived. The DATA Status Word
is what we were earlier calling QUALITY.
- Bit 0 of the DATA_SW is not exactly the same as Bit 0 of the
pre-March 1998 QUALITY keyword. It now is set ONLY if there is a
telemetry error, but NOT if there is only Missign data.
- Additional Bits have been defined for the DATA_SW indicating the
missing fraction and some instrument errors.
- The TROUBLE keyword has been dropped altogether.
- The AUTOQUAL keyword has been dropped altogether.
- The NOTES keyword has been dropped altogether, instead prob_upd will
keep an audit trail including any user provided NOTES..
Back to QUALITY.
Author JTH; Last modified by JTH on 5 May, 1998