MDI Science & Proposals
From this page you can learn about technical aspects about MDI
observations and the scientific goals of the SOI-MDI program.
Information about the MDI goals in the original SOHO mission as well as the
SOHO Solar Maximum extended mission phase is available here.
For questions or comments, e-mail MDI.
- SOI Science Objectives
- short descriptions of the various scientific problems identified by the SOI-MDI team for the prime SOHO mission.
- MDI Observations and Observables
- an introduction to the technical capabilities of the Michelson Doppler Imager and the observing programs.
- MDI Science Announcement of Opportunity for the original SOHO mission
- Extended Mission Science Obsectives - The science objectives in the extended
mission phase of SOHO include the original SOI-MDI objectives as well as others
appropriate to a more active Sun and the opportunity to observe jointly with TRACE.
MDI science proposals are still requested to announce planned investigations.
General Info |
Science Objectives & Proposals |
Results, Images, & Documentation |
Data Services & Info |
Other Links |